Tuesday, April 22, 2008

sickbed

I don't have a thermometer so the next best thing was the food thermometer in the kitchen drawer. Picture me clutching that thing trying to figure out how hot I was. I was breaking 100. PTFO'd after that.

Flu hallucinations are always fun. During that first night of high temperatures I was accompanied by 10 fever fairies. Each swore they would jump off my island bed (and lower my temperature) after each performed a task and I would have to help. I kept saying (outloud) and arguing that all i wanted to do was sleep, that I needed them to just go away. They performed their task and hour after hour each left me. I would wake up and my fever would be slightly lower and I felt closer to being "alone". Finally, one fever fairy was left and I just didn't have the strength to deal with it. It kept making be tie some knots or stitch some badge. I wasn't having it. I told it to do it for me. After seeing I'd given up, final fever fairy finished the task and left. I was alone in bed, temperature lower, sweating, weak, thirsty, and hungry.

That was a pretty intense night. Fever fairies...for real.

0 comments: