Monday, April 14, 2008

Book Club!

Lordy lordy! In the midst of bitching about what I feel are the horribly forced metaphors and wishy-washy plot, et. al in the current book I'm reading (Bel Canto by Ann Patchett) for a Book Club I'm thinking of partaking in me and the guys have decided to start our own Book Club! I mean, we were already discussing Edith Wharton (my love, one of his "dislikes") and how Giovanni's room (James Baldwin) is making one of them want to slit their wrists in a good way after I suggested he read one of my all time faves of mine so it was only natural to start our own little Book Club Coalition of sorts. Bryan, Paul, Christopher, and I. It's going to be interesting, heavy @ times, and nothing less of awesome!

Kick off meeting on Saturday during brunch! We decide what book numero uno will be. Yip!

2 comments:

Brenda Gomez said...

JELS OF THE BOOK CLUB. I'll totally have to check out some of those books. Any oths suggestions??

Liza P. said...

I just finished House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. I think you will like it. Nothing but dramz. Many "omg no that bitch didn't! Oh shit, she did!"

It's about NY Society back in the day but still pretty relevant now.