Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy HAARP Day


Mmmmm Muse. I went to the MUSE DVD screening @ the Vista last night. I don't think I've ever been to a DVD viewing party before so it was cool to watch it at one of my favourite theaters in LA. And I've never seen MUSE live (ugh....I know, I know, lay off me!) so this was kind of like it? Ok, who am I fooling. It's a totally different experience and who am I to even compare concert footage to the actual LIVE experience! But it was still fun...I'm just sayin' in all! Now, if they had made it some sort of IMAX experience, THAT my friends, would've be quite a sight to see. At least the sound quality wasn't shitty and our seats and sodas were vibrating nonetheless.

Great show from as much as I sat through. The production was insane! I mean, once you see them rising from the walkway a mile away from the actual stage you know right then and there that this ain't gonna be a silly nanny concert! And I'm not gonna lie, the band looked scrumptious. Seriously, rockstar status can make any scrawny boy look yummy! And it isn't just me who thinks Chris resembles a hybrid of Jeremy Piven and Chris Joannou of silverchair, right? Absolute hybrid! (In the footage, at least)

Final thoughts? I am always amazed at how much power rockers have over throngs of people. You see those kids in the front rows just belting the lyrics out after standing in those pits for hours. True dedication.

And part of me thought the screening was some April Fool's joke where they make you sit in a theater with a handful of meat heads being obnoxious for the whole hour before the lights go out...like some episode of the Twilight Zone where you have to endure these guys who just won't...shut...the...fuck....up! Just absolute meatheady fratty mcfratterson brobrahs surrounding us from every corner of the small theater...closing in on us...for what seemed like an eternity!

Other than that, fun times all around. We bobbed our heads. We stamped our feet. We clapped and sang along. Part of me wanted to get up and start jumping around like I was one of those kids sweating up against all the bodies around me, just rockin' out.

Yeah, I need to go to a show again soon...or just be in the mood to go out dancing one night.

1 comments:

Mars said...

omg I was tempted to go to that. I'm leaving the state soon for Denver, CO. We've GOT to do a concert together!!

Btw, how's it going?