Tuesday, September 2, 2008

publish my love

"Sailor?"
"Uh huh?"
"Recall the time we was sittin' one night behind the Confederate soldier? Leaning against it. And you took my hand and put it on your heart and you said, 'You feel it beatin' in there Lula get used to it 'cause it belongs to you now.' D'you recall that?"
"I do."

Lula put her head down in Sailor's lap and he stroked her smooth black hair.

"I was hopin' you would. I know that night by heart. Sometimes, honey? I think it's the best night of my life. Really."

(from Barry Gifford's "Wild At Heart")
____




"i love u but can only give u words"

ne touche pas

2 comments:

Simon said...

What a lovely little story this is!

Keep going...

Liza P. said...

haha i should note that that was an excerpt from Barry Gifford's "Wild At Heart" that I a reading on-an-off. A friend recommended and I endorse it, as well :)