Sunday, May 11, 2008

i'm going to be an aunt!

Ok, so not by blood but more like childhood BFF blood, naw' mean? Recently found out that a childhood friend has a bun in the oven and it has hit me that we are getting older and now have friends who are starting to bake their buns in their ovens...or something.

It was a shock, natch, but it is kind of exciting now. I will be honest, it was so weird touching Danielle's belly. She is 4 months along and I felt around her underbelly...oh lord...i felt it...like REALLY felt the baby! Kind of disgusting and awesome at the same time.

We met up with her yesterday and caught up after years of estrangement. Photo op galore! Baby Dorian James...your Aunt Liza and Aunt Z are kooks. We may be weirded out by you at first but we still love you.



First photos of Dorian. Supposedly that glowing speck in the bottom left photo is his peen...

Yeah, it has a spine. Pretty crazy! Aunt Liza wants that top one in wallet size



Reunited and it feels so good


Danielle says baby D is a kicker. I really wanted him to kick my ear.


We're having a baby!
When I was younger I would put my cat in my shirt and pretend I was 'carrying' a cat. It would squirm and I would think that is how it feels to be preggers...except I could lift up my shirt and make the squirming go away. Danielle has to deal with squirming for 9 months.


Just so that we are clear on the positioning of the child...

1 comments:

Think1 said...

That's cool, I just recently becam a uncle again, my sister had her 5th child. Lil Mia Claire is da bomb diggy